Herbs for hormones: Ashwaghanda, a nourishing herbal adaptogen
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera, fam. Solanaceae), commonly known as ‘Indian Winter cherry’ or ‘Indian Ginseng’, is widely used in Ayurvedic medicine. It is used as a Rasayana for its wide ranging health benefits. Rasayana is described as a herbal medicine that promotes a youthful state of physical and mental health and expands happiness. It is one […]
Herbs for hormones- managing pre menstrual syndrome naturally (PMS)
Erratic behavior, crying easily, breast tenderness, bloating, sudden anger, feeling low, tiredness, digestive discomfort and constipation-there is a whole hosts of symptoms associated with pre menstrual syndrome (PMS). Symptoms may range from mildly discomforting to something many women dread and find can overtake their life every month. Often as we get older, these symptoms can […]
Article by Sara on PCOS published in The Journal of Herbal Medicine, Elsevier
A research article by Sara on Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Herbal treatment has just been published in the internationally acclaimed Journal of Herbal Medicine published by Elsevier. Phytotherapy for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: A review of the literature and evaluation of practitioners’ experience by Sara Rooney and Barbara Pendry Sara treats many women successfully with PCOS in […]
January detox time! Consider boosting your detox with herbs.
Its been fun, most of us have let our hair down, eating more than we should of the types of food that are usually considered treats but somehow become a daily occurrence! However many of us feel January is a good time to do a detox, work at feeling healthy again, want that natural energy back […]
Tree of Life Centre Open day,3rd November 2013 10am-4pm
The Tree of Life Centre, where I practice, is opening a new centre based in Portland road in Hove,143-5 Portland rd., BN3, 5QJ. There will be an open day with lots going on. I will be there offering mini-consultations so people can get a taste of herbal medicine and see how a medical herbalist can help them […]
Fantastic time had by all with Platinum healing Detox retreats in Mallorca!
The retreat in Porreres in Mallorca was simply stunning. It was a longer detox, 5 days in total and some of the results in how people felt were fabulous. The feedback has been excellent with many people reporting absent and reduced symptoms and all round increased energy levels. We hope to offer more next year…… […]
Medical Herbalist at Platinum Healing Retreats
I am really pleased to be a new member of the Platinum Healing Retreats Team. Platinum offer a range of healing retreats incorporating a wide range of mind and body therapies during retreats CBT, Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, Deep tissue, Swedish, Aromatherapy massage, Daily Yoga sessions, One to one Yoga, Reflexology and now Herbal Medicine! I will […]
- T from West Sussexinfertility,IBS,
I came to Sara as I was struggling with infertility and IBS. After one month of taking the herbs, I fell pregnant. My IBS symptoms have also reduced by 70%. Thank you, Sara!
- Alison, yoga teacher and mum of 4I’m feeling really well at the moment and just thought today how much more energy I seem to have despite a really busy few weeks.Sleep has improved but is still top of my NY intentions but my caffeine curfew and ashwaganda capsules (when needed) have definitely helped.Touch wood, I have avoided any coughs or colds though am surrounded by bugs of all sorts at the moment so my mix of tonic and supplements seem to be doing the job!All in all, I’m so grateful to you as have felt a total shift in mood, attitude to food (I’ve almost lost a stone so far) and energy/immunity levels. Thanks so much.
- Laura, Bristolskin,acne,herbs,herbalmedicine,hormonalaceI would like to express my deep gratitude for all your help, kindness and support over the last 6 months. Meeting you on the health retreat for women and your herbal remedies have been life changing for me. I have struggled with acne most of life, and within only 3 months I cant believe the difference the herbs have had on my skin. Now 6 months on and my face is pretty much clear of acne.I have learnt so much from you about natural healing. Your professionalism, kindness and concern is unsurpassed. Thank you
- Lou, Nutritional therapist
I'm really enjoying those herbs. Very tonifying...And the red skin patches have gone... and somebody commented on how good my skin looks!! I'm feeling strengthened by the herbs...Thanks Sara!
- Desi, from London diagnosed with PCOSpcos
I've had PCOS for over 4 years and showed most of the symptoms, including irregular periods and acne prone skin. From my first appointment with Sara, I was put on a healthy diet and began taking herbs, which were tailored to my symptoms. Only after a few months of treatment, I already started to see changes - my periods regulated, my skin began to clear up, I felt a lot more energetic than I had in a long time. Sara was very professional with everything and gave very clear instructions on the diet and taking the medicine. I would definitely recommend Sara. Her treatment helped to greatly reduce my PCOS and a year later I no longer need to take anything for it
- Caro from the US
I wanted to send a note to say thank you for your excellent article in the Herbarium. I personally have been using your recommended formula for fatigue/sweats/low mood. So pleased to report that it works tremendously well for me!I look forward to reading your future articles with great pleasure.
- Eleni (3 years) by Eleni’s Mum, HelenWell there has been a marked improvement in Eleni, she is happier, brighter, sleeping and eating well... It has been incredible and so heartening to see.Thank you so much!
- Guy L
I had been diagnosed with hypertension 12 years ago. My GP put me on some diuretics which worked well for the last 10 years but for the last 2 years my BP has been creeping up. My GP was keen to get me on the next treatment option on the ladder as prescribed by the NHS. I decided that this is not what I wanted so I changed my lifestyle completely and upped my exercise. This had an effect but my BP but it still fluctuated a lot. I arranged to see Sara. I now take one tincture three times daily and my GP can not believe the changes. The last time I had my BP taken at the clinic it was 124/77. Thank you Sara!
- Frithe JRegistered Osteopath (M.Ost).
I went to see Sara as I had hormonal problems resulting in heavy and painful periods with substantial pre-menstrual tension, low mood and low energy levels. She prescribed herbal medicines to help regulate my hormones. I now have lots more energy, more concentration and focus and my mood is much improved. My periods are now manageable without copious amounts of over-the-counter painkillers, and my body feels like it is functioning much better. I highly recommend Sara, both from my personal experience of her treatment, and as a Registered Osteopath myself I professionally refer my own patients to her for herbal medicine when required.
- Nuala. S
I have been successfully treated by Sara for the adrenal fatigue that I was severely compromised by in the last year. Her methodical approach to finding the 'right' herbs has supported me to return to full health and vitality. As well as her expertise and professionalism in the field of Medical Herbalism, I can also vouch for her exceptionally kind, generous and empathic nature. She is a person that works from the 'heart', and this adds an added dimension of depth to her practice. Thank you Sara, it truly was a blessing to have you in my life.