January herb to forage : Chickweed, with a green smoothie recipe
Chickweed (Stellaria media) is an amazing nutritive green abundant in late winter early spring. You can spot it by its star shaped flowers ..this is where the latin name, stellaria comes from. It is also excellent raw and in salads. Herbally, it is a cooling herb, a great cleanser and very good for […]
October: Rosehip and Hawthorn. Wild Roots Calendar 2021. Pre Order Available Now
Wild Roots Calendar 2021- Available for Pre order now Wild roots is the first collaborative project between, Artist, Gemma Challenger, Yoga and movement instructor Victoria Cooper and herbal information, recipes and tonics from myself , Sara Rooney, Medical Herbalist with added seasonal poetry by Caroline Mellor. Within this herbal, folklore and countryside calendar there is […]
Herbs in July ..Sneak preview, Wild Roots Calendar for 2021, a collaboration project
Introducing our new collaboration: Wild roots, a herbal, foraging, folklore, native festivals, movement and nature calendar for 2021 I have joined forces with the super talented artist Gemma Challenger, gifted healer and yoga teacher, Victoria Cooper and poet ,Caroline Mellor to produce a seasonal native nature and folklore calendar for 2021. Each month will have […]
Mastering you Menopause Integrated Program -Webinar and new program
Did you know the menopausal transition can last up to 15 years? It can be the gateway into a third of our lives…. In many indigenous cultures, the menopause is seen as a time of wisdom and more time and freedom from chores, so may women actually look forward to it. There is no taboo […]
Super Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Latte
Turmeric Latte-Food is medicine Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is an extremely potent and well researched anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. The bioavailability (amount that is absorbed and utilized by the body) of the active component, curcumin is dramatically improved with the addition of black pepper . The best time to have this is in the evenings to help […]
SPRING HERB WORKSHOPS AND WILD FOODS, CENTRAL PORTUGAL
Spring is coming! 🌱💚🌿 Days a little bit longer, birds out and loads of fantastic herbs popping up! Yipee, I love this time of year I will be running this daylong workshop herb walk and wild food foraging with a delcious healthy lunch with #lindarolin in Penela , Central Portugal on the first day of Spring Saturday […]
Organic Sun Infused Calendula and Gotu Cola, Rosehip Face Serums-with roman chamomile and rose geranium
From me up a tree …to beautifully sun infused organic calendula petals in our own organic cold pressed olive oil..to a gorgeous overnight organic nourishing skin serum. 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻 this is a little side project I have started infusing my organic herbs in this our own olive oil making infused oils and skin […]
Vale de Moses, a natural paradise in the Portugese mountain
This the magical mountain retreat I offer herbal medicine consultations to guests in Summer in Central Portugal just featured in the Guardian… . Check out their website www.valedemoses.com to come and experience it in Spring/🌻🌿Summer It is well recommended, amazing yoga on a high platform,making you feel like you are on top of the world […]
Rosemary for estrogen excess and hormonal imbalance
Dew of the sea… the beautiful name that Rosemary…Rosmarinus officinalis or more reccently reclassified as Salvia rosmarinus..derives from.🌿🌿🌿 I must admit I used to think of this a a quite benign culinary herbs but the more I use it medicinally the more I realise how potent and powerful it is.💪💪💪 I am currently writing a […]
Elderberry – an effective anti-viral and great winter tonic
Elderberry – Sambucus nigra fructus an effective ( and tasty) anti-viral immunity tonic How can we help support our immune system this time of year- short days, cold temperatures, rain, damp and lots and lots of viruses going round? The humble elderberry is an effective and safe preventative winter immune tonic. It is believed […]
- Mia, from LondonPCOS, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, hormone imbalance, herbal medicineAfter months of scouring the internet and consulting various medical professionals in search of a solution to my PCOS- and almost giving up- I had finally stumbled upon Sara's website by chance. I decided to give medicinal herbs a try, and it was one of the best decisions of my life! Sara has been supporting me for a little over 6 months now, and I can honestly say her tinctures made such a difference. My PCOS symptoms are gone and I'm back to being the best version of myself.If you’re looking for a knowledgeable, kind and supportive professional who really cares about her patients, you came to the right place. Once again, thank you Sara for all you have done for me!
- T from West Sussexinfertility,IBS,
I came to Sara as I was struggling with infertility and IBS. After one month of taking the herbs, I fell pregnant. My IBS symptoms have also reduced by 70%. Thank you, Sara!
- Alison, yoga teacher and mum of 4I’m feeling really well at the moment and just thought today how much more energy I seem to have despite a really busy few weeks.Sleep has improved but is still top of my NY intentions but my caffeine curfew and ashwaganda capsules (when needed) have definitely helped.Touch wood, I have avoided any coughs or colds though am surrounded by bugs of all sorts at the moment so my mix of tonic and supplements seem to be doing the job!All in all, I’m so grateful to you as have felt a total shift in mood, attitude to food (I’ve almost lost a stone so far) and energy/immunity levels. Thanks so much.
- Laura, Bristolskin,acne,herbs,herbalmedicine,hormonalaceI would like to express my deep gratitude for all your help, kindness and support over the last 6 months. Meeting you on the health retreat for women and your herbal remedies have been life changing for me. I have struggled with acne most of life, and within only 3 months I cant believe the difference the herbs have had on my skin. Now 6 months on and my face is pretty much clear of acne.I have learnt so much from you about natural healing. Your professionalism, kindness and concern is unsurpassed. Thank you
- Lou, Nutritional therapist
I'm really enjoying those herbs. Very tonifying...And the red skin patches have gone... and somebody commented on how good my skin looks!! I'm feeling strengthened by the herbs...Thanks Sara!
- Desi, from London diagnosed with PCOSpcos
I've had PCOS for over 4 years and showed most of the symptoms, including irregular periods and acne prone skin. From my first appointment with Sara, I was put on a healthy diet and began taking herbs, which were tailored to my symptoms. Only after a few months of treatment, I already started to see changes - my periods regulated, my skin began to clear up, I felt a lot more energetic than I had in a long time. Sara was very professional with everything and gave very clear instructions on the diet and taking the medicine. I would definitely recommend Sara. Her treatment helped to greatly reduce my PCOS and a year later I no longer need to take anything for it
- Caro from the US
I wanted to send a note to say thank you for your excellent article in the Herbarium. I personally have been using your recommended formula for fatigue/sweats/low mood. So pleased to report that it works tremendously well for me!I look forward to reading your future articles with great pleasure.
- Eleni (3 years) by Eleni’s Mum, HelenWell there has been a marked improvement in Eleni, she is happier, brighter, sleeping and eating well... It has been incredible and so heartening to see.Thank you so much!
- Guy L
I had been diagnosed with hypertension 12 years ago. My GP put me on some diuretics which worked well for the last 10 years but for the last 2 years my BP has been creeping up. My GP was keen to get me on the next treatment option on the ladder as prescribed by the NHS. I decided that this is not what I wanted so I changed my lifestyle completely and upped my exercise. This had an effect but my BP but it still fluctuated a lot. I arranged to see Sara. I now take one tincture three times daily and my GP can not believe the changes. The last time I had my BP taken at the clinic it was 124/77. Thank you Sara!
- Frithe JRegistered Osteopath (M.Ost).
I went to see Sara as I had hormonal problems resulting in heavy and painful periods with substantial pre-menstrual tension, low mood and low energy levels. She prescribed herbal medicines to help regulate my hormones. I now have lots more energy, more concentration and focus and my mood is much improved. My periods are now manageable without copious amounts of over-the-counter painkillers, and my body feels like it is functioning much better. I highly recommend Sara, both from my personal experience of her treatment, and as a Registered Osteopath myself I professionally refer my own patients to her for herbal medicine when required.
- Nuala. S
I have been successfully treated by Sara for the adrenal fatigue that I was severely compromised by in the last year. Her methodical approach to finding the 'right' herbs has supported me to return to full health and vitality. As well as her expertise and professionalism in the field of Medical Herbalism, I can also vouch for her exceptionally kind, generous and empathic nature. She is a person that works from the 'heart', and this adds an added dimension of depth to her practice. Thank you Sara, it truly was a blessing to have you in my life.