Sara is a qualified and experienced medical herbalist who specializes in herbal medicine for women’s health and hormonal balance. She provides individualized herbal treatment and a functional nutrition approach for:
- The menopausal transition including natural alternatives to hormone replacement treatment (HRT)
- Menstrual issues including, erratic ,heavy ,painful , periods, Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Ovarian cysts and endometriosis
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Subclinical hypothyroidism
- HPA dysregulation ( adrenal fatigue) and chronic stress
- Fertility challenges
Sara believes that women’s health in the modern world is increasing being impacted by processed diets, xenoestrogens , poor lifestyle choices, environmental pollution and chronic stress. Hormonal imbalance is often a result of these factors. She takes a holistic approach and incorporates herbal medicine, functional nutrition and lifestyle factors into her treatment. She believes little positive changes can make a big difference over time and supports women to make these changes to reach their health and wellbeing goals.
The initial consultation will last an hour with a review of your health and past medical history including diet, medication and supplements. After the consultation Sara will write you a personalized treatment plan with nutritional, supplement and lifestyle advice. She will then prescribe a course of herbal medicine which is reviewed every 8 weeks. Sara works with Genova laboratories and can also order adrenal stress tests, hormone panels, thyroid tests, digestive analysis and DNA tests to provide a tailor made and specific treatment and try to get to the root cause of your symptoms.