Symptoms and conditions caused by hormone imblance are becoming increasingly common and often very hard to treat conventionally. They can cause a wide range of symptoms from anxiety, weight gain, fatigue, blood sugar imblances and even digestive issues.
Homones work in a complex orchestra and often if one hormone is out of balance this will effect other hormones and knock the whole system out of balance.
I specialize in working in the field of hormonal health using medicinal herbs and nutrition taking an integrated and functional approach.
With the right expert support, a targeted combination of herbs can be really effective and I have had lots of experience in this area treating many women sucessfully and helping them get back on track to good health.
This includes conditions and symptoms such as:
- Estrogen excess conditions, such as fibroids, ovarian cysts and PMS.
- Peri menopause and the Menopausal transition.
- Managing Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with herbs and nutrition.
- Hormonal acne and skin conditions.
- Fertility challenges, pre and post support for IVF treatment
- Supporting the body during prolonged stress and adrenal issues.
- PMT symptoms.
- Heavy periods.
- Sub clinical thyroid issues.
- Low libido.
- Gut imbalances, the estrobolome ( the beneficial bacteria connected to the metabolism of our hormones,is SO important. .If gut health is out of balance it is very likely that so will our hormones)
Chaste tree (Vitex agnus castus) can help improves progesterone levels by inhibiting prolactin.One of my best herbs for estrogen excess caused by low progesterone.
Maca root (Lepidium meyenii)- a great support for some women with hormone imbalances….but not all. Thats why professional herbalist support can be so useful and effective, we are trained to degree level in the specifics of herbs and how they work. I have years of experience and can support you find the best herbal treatment.