Sara has worked on numerous yoga retreats giving daily work shops on herbs and nutrition and also offering private consultations. She is also an experienced retreat manager, having run retreats in the UK, Spain and Portugal.
I am really pleased to be working with Fiona MacLeod and bring you Nourish in Nature 2018 retreats in Central Portugal- a truly integrated retreat experience with yoga, herbs and nutrition specifically designed for women.
Sara is a medical herbalist, specialising in women’s health, and Fiona is a very experienced yoga teacher, passionate about empowering women to manage their own health and wellbeing through the practice of yoga. Together they wanted to offer something more than a regular yoga retreat. Fiona has been facilitating and teaching on retreats for over 6 years in Portugal, and Sara is an experienced retreat manager, having worked on numerous juice, detox and yoga retreats in the UK and also in Spain and Portugal.
The Nourish in Nature Retreat has been developed to offer women a chance to truly nourish and replenish themselves, take home new recipes and knowledge about herbs and nutrition, and return to the demands of daily life with a renewed energy and enthusiasm.
– So much more than a regular yoga retreat, this place offers a unique chance to delve into the natural elements and experience a new way of living. The accommodation and food were amazing. We really felt so nourished and well looked after the entire time. We could not recommend this enough. We will definitely be back next year! – Sian and Stacey. London.
– The Nourish in Nature retreat was an incredible experience. It was not only relaxing and energising, but also equipped me with so much information and lots of ideas for how to integrate food, herbs and yoga into my life to help feel more balanced. 6 months on I am regularly using the things I learned during the retreat in my daily life. Fiona, Sara and Aoife all show a lot of care and intuition within the areas they practise and paid attention to everyone on the retreat individually, so that each person took away something special to them. I definitely recommend this retreat to anyone looking for something a little more insightful and holistic than the usual yoga holiday – . Kate. London
Nourish in Nature offers a truly holistic retreat opportunity, incorporating all aspects of health and wellbeing, to give guests a genuine retreat experience. Nourish in Nature is unique. As well as offering daily yoga, the retreats also offer Sara’s workshops on herbs
- harvesting herbs, making herbal balms, salves and infused oils, tincture making
- herbs for hormone health
- a talk on adrenal fatigue and stress
- a workshop in nutrition, smoothie making using herbs and superfood cooking
Nourish in Nature Retreats also feature;
- six nights luxury accommodation in an environmentally friendly boutique hotel
- specially prepared fresh, organic, wholefood vegetarian and vegan meals
- complementary massage
- a natural goodie bag filled with locally made products
- a comprehensive retreat handbook with recipes
- daily yoga including asana, pranayama, yoga nidra and meditation
June 3 – 9
June 10 – 16
September 16 – 22
September 23 – 29
Prices from 850 EUR twin shared en-suite rooms, 1200 EUR single occupancy en-suite rooms.
Location – Nourish in Nature Retreats are held at Quinta Canaval Retreat Centre.
Qunita Canaval is a beautiful and new boutique hotel in the heart of Portugal. It features 5 en-suite rooms and 3 private apartments, a natural swimming pool, beautiful gardens and is located a short walk from the Cabril Lake.